Saturday, January 31, 2009

I am excited to be your new Sunday school teacher! I love studying and teaching God’s Word. I look forward to getting to know each of you as we study together. Since many of us don’t really know each other very well, I thought some information about my family might be helpful.

Becky & I both grew up in this area and were married in May, 1988 at Oakwood Baptist Church. Soon after, we spent 2 months in Romania on a mission trip before packing up and heading to Orlando, FL where I attended Reformed Theological Seminary. I graduated with an MDiv degree in May, 1993. During this time, I served as youth pastor at a small rural Baptist church and, upon graduating, was ordained into the ministry.

Following seminary, we came back to Chattanooga and planted Providence Baptist Church where I pastored for eight years. From there, we spent five years in Mesa, AZ where I was headmaster of a classical Christian school, then a year in Myrtle Beach, SC where I pastored a fledgling church plant.

After nine years of waiting, God surprised us with three beautiful girls within three years’ time! Anna is now 12, Katie 11, and Hope 9 ½. Our middle daughter is adopted. We love to share the story of how God grew our family with anyone who will listen!

In the summer of ’07, God brought us back home to the Chattanooga area. My heart’s desire is to be back in the pulpit at some point, but until then I am enjoying whatever opportunities to teach and preach that I am afforded. I am the Associate General Manager at Books-A-Million in Hixson and Becky is teaching music at Berean Academy, also in Hixson. We are also ministering to Becky’s parents, Herb & Pat Myhan (who are members of Concord) as her dad continues to decline with Alzheimer’s.

We are thankful to have been able to purchase a house in Ringgold last summer, and we look forward to having you all in our home for some fellowships in the future.

I ask you to pray for me as I endeavor to teach God’s Word to you each week and please know that I am always open to hear any questions or concerns you may have.

No comments: